Steps to Readiness
How ARRA Ready Are You?
If you haven't addressed ARRA Readiness in all of the following areas, you might not be
as ready as you think!
Prepared hospital for change
Readied executive leadership and stakeholders
Trained all relevant staff
Readied key opinion leaders
Implemented appropriate policies and procedures
Addressed complexity; ensured consistency
Mirrored functionality with workflow
Aligned with clinical staff expectations
You can't make meaningful use just about technology - it has to be an organizational endeavor. Getting or having the technology installed is just the beginning. Achieving ARRA Readiness is about changing organizational culture and workflows, training all the relevant personnel, and of course, selecting the right partners to take you through all of these steps.
Greencastle Consulting understands that the key to achieving meaningful use is through Clinical Adoption - not Technology. Make sure you get your piece of the incentives pie by ensuring all areas of your organization are ready.
ARRA Readiness in Four Steps
Step 1. Call Greencastle Consulting.
Our ARRA Readiness Assessment focuses on:
- The variables of "meaningful use" as they apply to your company and organizational culture
- The technologies as described by CMS
- Your ability to capture and use quality data to improve outcomes
- Successful exchange of information with other sources to promote coordination of care
- Clinician usage and adoption of your HIT
Step 2. Know where you stand.
Our ARRA Readiness Assessment includes:
- Inventory of the current IT portfolio
- Identifying and quantifying how big the gaps are between the current organizational readiness and ARRA requirements
- A targeted plan and schedule to maximize incentives and avoid penalties for noncompliance
Step 3. Put things in place.
Our ARRA Readiness Assessment will implement:
- Recommendations to close the gaps
- Building consensus with clinical staff
- The technologies as described by the HIMSS Analytics model
- Ensuring HIT has required functionality
- Workflow that enables the capture of metrics
- Accuracy and precision of data retrieval
Step 4. Achieve ARRA Readiness.
Taking these steps to ARRA Readiness will give you:
- A cost- and risk-adjusted readiness action plan providing detailed actions
- Specific guidelines for executive decision-making
- Adoption best practices specific to your organization
Learn more about the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and Greencastle's Steps to Readiness, or contact Greencastle Consulting today!