Under general direction of a Senior Consultant or Partner, Management Consultants provide problem solving, management and leadership in a variety of settings.
- Provide customized application of tools and methods. Work closely with client team to determine the preferred course of action and plan implementation activities including scheduling, business integration, performance management and risk analysis. Educate and assist client teams in developing a process-oriented focus.
- Ensure successful implementation of operational-level plans. Activities include creating integrated schedules, facilitating meetings, tracking project status and motivating client team members.
- Communicate engagement progress and results to client management at all levels, both formally and informally.
- Supervise assigned associates during engagements to ensure optimum allocation of effort.
- Improve the firm’s ability to compete by developing and improving internal processes, systems and methods. Provide input to strategic decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in a process-oriented field plus a minimum of ten years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred. Specific requirements include working knowledge of project management and organizational behavior.
- Significant leadership experience in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to achieve superior results in dynamic situations with minimal supervision. Experience as a military leader is highly regarded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that enable interaction with diverse groups at all organizational levels. Ability to maintain effective work relationships and negotiate acceptance of recommendations.
- Strong analytical and planning skills. Experience in defining and resolving problems with responsibility for planning and implementing solutions.
To apply for the position of Management Consultant, email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.