Clinical Management Consultant
Clinical Management Consultants (CMCs) — physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other clinical ancillary specialists — work as part of a collaborative Greencastle team. As change agents and enablers, not subject matter experts, CMCs complement clients’ and vendors’ talent and expertise. CMCs typically focus on using their experience to ensure that process improvements actually improve workflow or gathering and incorporating clinician feedback to promote end-user adoption. CMCs may also assist the organization in establishing direction for clinical implementations. CMCs also provide guidance to other Greencastle consultants.
- Serve as clinical and hospital operations subject matter expert on the Greencastle implementation team for the purpose of ensuring functionality, usability and acceptability of all decisions and solutions.
- Provide on-site implementation services in hospitals, including managing project activities, improving and adjusting work processes, and influencing organizational change.
- Interact with hospital clients, including department heads, clinicians, vendors and all internal customers.
- Apply clinical expertise to lead and facilitate process improvement discussions with physicians, nurses, ancillary clinical experts and technology teams.
- Assist in project situational awareness, problem solving, analysis and decision making.
- Adapt project management, business process and organizational change management tools and methods for successful application.
- Coordinate a diverse set of stakeholders and resources.
- Work closely with and facilitate client team activities.
- Improve the firm’s ability to compete by developing and improving internal processes, services and methods.
- Clinical experience, client relationship management, project management, analytical thinking, excellent verbal and written communications. Strong leadership presence is a must, including direction setting, meeting facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Clinician with more than five years of recent, broad hospital experience. Physicians, nurses and pharmacists with medicine/surgical floor or critical care experience preferred.
- Appropriate educational training, including M.D., B.S.N., M.S.N., PharmD., or nursing informatics degree.
- Functional experience with major clinical systems and products associated with computerized provider order entry, electronic medical records, electronic medication administration, charting, patient safety, PACS, lab systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare organization, particularly clinical workflow processes and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that enable interaction with diverse groups at all organizational levels. Ability to maintain effective work relationships and negotiate acceptance of recommendations.
- Experience with project management, process redesign, research and organizational change management is a strong plus, but not required.
- Confident and entrepreneurial, with a good head for business.
To apply for the position of Clinical Management Consultant, email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.